Missoula, MT
Hello Friends!
Here we are at the end of day nine of training at the home office of MCT. While I am not part the main training it has been fun to help train new TAD's (that's Tour Actor/Director) and see their excitement and terror at the prospects of this new endeavor.
Speaking of summer travels, we FINALLY have a tour schedule for this summer. They are all Navy bases and just recently booked. Our wonderful marketing office was really stressing about getting us a tour and now we have one! Just six weeks (out of ten) but we will take it! If you have any suggestions of cool places to see or do on our South-Eastern travels please leave a comment!
June 14-19 - Unbooked
June 21-26 - Mid-South, TN (near Memphis)
June 28- July 3 - New Orleans, LA
July 5-10 - Tallahasse, FL
July 12-17 - OFF for Erin and Kepler's Wedding in Missoula. It is also unbookeded...
July 19-23 - Jacksonville, FL (I will be at the Naval Base I was born on!!!)
July 26-31 - Pensacola, FL
August 2-7 - Unbooked, but we may get an Army base this week
August 9-13 - Dahlgren, VA
August 16-21 - Unbooked and probably will stay that way so we can start our 2,300 mile drive back.
Things in Missoula have been grand. They really do a great job of taking care of us while we are in town. All of our meals are provided and dorm living has been novel and fun, though I am looking forward to some sweat military hotels (seriously, they are nice). We all watched the Little Red Truck movie tonight (Documentary about our job, info can be found here) it got me excited to get on the road again, and it's a great feel good movie for anyone who works in the arts. If you haven't seen it yet, Netflix it! I'm not in it and I was touring when it was filmed and most of the TAD's in the movie are some of my dearest friends.
Slowly getting "Beauty Lou and the Country Beast" under my belt. It will be fun to do a western for the summer, now I just got to get this lines down! Well there is that drive to Memphis.
The Adventure Continues - ML
Hi Matty! Just wanted to say hi and let you know I am keeping up with what you are up to. Didn't get to see enough of you in PDX - oops - but love keeping up with you this way.
ReplyDeleteI can't offer any suggestions on what to do on your tour as I have not been to any of those places.
BTW I didn't know you were born on a naval base in Jacksonville, FL - but how fitting that you get to tour there :-)
And what the heck, Beauty Lou and the Country Beast? That MCT... always getting creative...
I know it's a bit of a drive but I hear people in San Diego need kiddie theater...so how 'bout you head out after VA?!
ReplyDelete