Missoula, MT
Hello Friends!
Welcome to the first of many entires in a series I like to call "Daring Dining!" It's easy on the road to eat nothing but Subways or Applebees, but I liek to be daring and eat at local hot spots in towns all across the USA. From greasy spoons to fine dining, if it is NOT a chain retaurant I want to epxerince it! So today we start our ingural Daring Dining post from a Missoula staple - Paul's Pancake Parlor.
My good friend Kepler and I arrived at the Parlor at 9:15 and the place was packed - always a good sign. The restaurant was decorated with all things University of Montana Grizzlies and the staff wore tye-dyed t-shirts, it was very Missoula and made for a very laid back atmosphere, we were greated by great smiles and friendly staff and were able to get a seat right away even though the place was bopping.The menu contained many of the stadard breakfast options from eggs to french toast. The mian draw of the menu, of course, was the panckaes, which a whole half page of the menu was devoted to. They ranged from the typical buttermilk to international favorites such as German Swedish. If you were really daring (or have the worlds biggest sweet tooth) you could even opt for the Carmel Chocolate Chip. We played it safe and I ordered eggs and ham which it came with Paul's own buscuit and gravy, Kepler ordered a western omlete which was served with a small stack of Buttermilk pancakes so we would be able to try the namesake of the establishment.
The service was pleasant, the coffee good, and the table clean so the wait for the good was enjoyable. Our food arrived hot and smelling wonderful, though presentation is not a huge priorty. My scrambled eggs with ham and hashbrowns were average, not horrible by any strech merely ok. Sadly my "Paul's own recipe" buiscuit and gravy was bland and tasted very Food Services of America, I was dissappointed... I am happy to report that Kepler enjoyed his omlete "It was delicoius and filled with bacony goodness." His words, not mine.
Now the hard words to type. The pancakes were bland. The syrup helped, however they were not amazing and as the main billing of the restauraunt I hoped for more. I am sure if we had ordered more of the exotic pancakes we would have had a better experince.
So all in all Paul's Pancake Parlor (I must admit that I love a restaurant that embraces alliteration) is an above average Mom and Pa greasy spoon. Prices are good for the amount of food you recieve and the atmosphere is very Missoula as Hippie and Grizzlies meet. If you are in the mood for crazy and unquie pancakes then stop on by!
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment