Hello Friends-
The heat continues in Tennessee and the show is coming along great! Easily one of the higlights of my three stint in Portland, OR was being part of an original adaptation of Pinocchio at Northwest Children's Theater and School. It was a steam punk version where Pinocchio was a boy made of metal and his conscience Crick was a gaint wind-up cricket toy (that was me). The musical had great original music and every just fit so well with the cast, creative direction, sets, props, costumes, and and and. It was a very special show, one that is easily in the top three I have ever been in.The reason I am taking this nostalgic trip down memroy lane is that it is theatre award season in Portland right now and Pinocchio was won EIGHT awards! Two from the Portland Drammys and six from the Portland Area Musical Theater Awards (www.pamtawards.com). Awards ranged from costumes to best original musical to acting awards as well. While I was not individual awarded anything, it is wonderful to know that I was part of somehting that was recognized for excellence in an original production. It is quite special.
Picture here is Pinocchio (Lea Z.) and Crick (ME!) in our (now) award winning costumes. Lea took two awards for outstanding youth performer one from each ceremony. I learned so much from working with her (and the entire ensemble for that matter) Seeing her focus and dedication really ignited my passion for youth theater. I truly consider her one of the greatest actors I know. Keep an eye out, she will be on stages and screen before you know it. Also the title of this blog entery was the last thing sung in the show.Congratulations to NWCT, Milo and Rody for their amazing script and score (They are adpating Snow White for NWCT next season) and a big congratualtions to Pinocchio's crew and cast for an amazing experience. Here's hoping it gets remounted!
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment