Monday, January 17, 2011

Flu

La Jolla (UCSD), CA
Hello Friends...

I am on vacation (thanks to an unbooked week) and I am coming to you from my dear friends Mary Rochon and Nathan Eggers quaint and spacious Grad school apartment. The shows went very well on Saturday and though I was really concerned about getting head lice (knock wood I think I am in the clear) I should have been more concerned about the sudden amount of children dropping out of the play - six total. Since I already had a good bout with the flu in Tekoa, WA I wasn't concerned. Then I got a small tickle in the back of my throat...

"Nay!" said I "This must be some weird allergy thingy since I am in Sand Diego and it is 75 and my body is not use to it. Surely this must be allergies."

Yesterday we took in the World Famous San Diego Zoo along with brunch and booze and while my voice was tired my energy was high. Oh and you just wait for those pictures! I went to bed happy and hopeful for a little break ahead of me.

Flash forward to this morning. I feel fine but my guts are not. "Mayhaps I imbibed a wee much," though I "Surely a shot of Pepto will clear this up!" Then my gut queasiness was slowly joined by aches, chills/fever, and the sudden urge to do nothing but exists as a mass of warm poo...

"Oh no..." I dreaded "this isn't a hangover at all. I am being visited by the flu!"

On the good side its glad I am dealing with this on a couch and not trying to teach children. I am sure in a day or two I will be up and about and break can carry on as normal.

So be happy and healthy and come back soon for some amazing San Diego Zoo pictures. For now, I think I will curl back up in a blanket and continue watching "Modern Family" on DVD. This show is amazing!

The Adventure Continues - ML

No comments:

Post a Comment