Monday, January 3, 2011

The Drive South

Hilmar, CA
Hello Friends!

Saturday and Sunday Shawna and I shotgunned down I-5 to get to Central California for our first residency of the Winter/Spring Tour. We were very lucky that the weather held and it was a gorgeous drive over the many passes in Southern Oregon and Northern California. Sadly I can't say the same for other MCT Teams as I read facebook updates of TAD's trapped in the Dakotas due to the interstates being closed. Thankfully it sounds as if everyone has made it safe and sound.

The highway at the Oregon and California border take you to the highest peak on I-5, the Siskiyou Summit of 4310 ft! The road was bare and clear though snow abounded. Would hate to chain drive that pass. Stopped for a scenic shot of Mt. Shasta that remains in you sight for about 2 hours after you first see on I-5, it is a big mountain.

We arrived at Turlock (about 8 miles away from Hilmar) and had a great Mexican dinner with our homestay. While it really wasn't Daring Dining material I will share that my green chili enchaldas were devine.

This week Shawna and I are staying on the Stevinson Ranch Golf Club in little cottages. They are prefab little houses with a separate bedroom and living/kitchen area as well as a full bath. We each have our own (I am 105) and they recently acquired wifi!

Well it is audition time. K-5 this week with Saturday shows and no workshops so this will be a nice way to get back in the groove.

The Adventure Continues ~ ML

No comments:

Post a Comment