Hello Friends!
Are we in for a treat today! Tekoa has been a wonderful week and this small town boasts not one but THREE fantastic and varied culinary destinations. The Feeding Station,Cafe Artisan, and C&D's.
For breakfast we partook at the Ma and Pa diner of the Feeding Station. We almost didn't eat there, but the promise of fresh maple bars was too much for Shawna to pass up and I am always in the mood for breakfast. The regulars were still finishing up as we took in a late breakfast (10AM). The menu had nothing fancy and that was fine. Eggs, pancakes, and biscuits and gravy, no need to reinvent the wheel here and for good reason. I had the ham and cheese omelet, correction the 1/2 order omelet. A good thing too, it was huge. The omelet was fluffy and light and they did not skimp on the ham inside. The cheese part rested on the outside of the eggs with two delicious slices of american cheese staring at me the whole time. It tasted much like my Mom's eggs and I think that is why I loved them so much. It was paired with grilled seasoned potatoes and onions and made for a great meal. And Shawn'a Maple Bar didn't disappoint either!
Today for lunch our lovely home stay hosts and Empire Theatre Members Cheryl and Monty Morgan took us out for lunch at the Artisan Cafe. This establishment was clearly trying to claim the fine dining crowd of Tekoa as they offer a small (three items) menu per meal that changes weekly. We were offered the Shrimp Rice Bowl, Curry Vegetable Soup, and Spinach Salad. Surprisingly we all ordered something different and got to experience a bite of each. I opted for the salad and loved it! Lots of fresh baby spinach with kalamato olives, feta cheese and red onions with a light vinagrete dressing. The other dishes were nice as well but I liked mine best. I actually ordered dessert as well and enjoyed a nice creme breula(?) (I have been watching way too much Hell's Kitchen) and it, of course, was wonderful. Though Tekoa is a tiny town, it is full of wonderful people and food and is well worth your time to jaunt off I90 and stop on down. Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner. Morning, Noon, or Night. You won't go hungry in Tekoa.
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment