Hello Friends,
My apologizes for the late post but we just returned from the most amazing dinner ever! First lets start at the top of the day.
Se we are on campus at the Ross University of Veterinary Medicine. They have around 900 students who are getting their degrees in vet science and the prep school is for the children of staff, professors, even students of the university. Its a wonderful school with great staff and I am sure we will have more pictures from them soon.
So tonight we had the best piano player meeting ever! Usually with MCT you meet you piano player at auditions and then again on Wednesday for their first rehearsal. Briefly go over tempos and we are set. Not here in St. Kitts.
Our wonderful contact Jane had ourselves and the musicians (yes we have guitar players this week, another high light) and their significant others over for a very nice dinner part and then we went through all the music with bellies fully of AMAZING food, dessert and drink. It was much like a mini concert and it was a blast. But what made the food so good?
On our agendas we saw that we would be having "Raclette" for dinner. I nor Shawna knew what this was and no one would tell us. We could have looked it up but we didn't and were glad not to because the surprise was worth it.
OK follow me on this-
At the table (outside on a gorgeous covered patio overlooking the Caribbean see - the picture with the cruise ship is the view from our dining table) was a table with tons of finely cut veggies, cashews, oils, and a small skillet that you could cook about two eggs in near your plate (look at the pictures). By the way this is a Swedish dish. You put in a little oil then any and all fixings you wanted and then stirred it for about ten minutes. Then you put on thick slabs of a very aromatic cheese (I can't recall the name) and let it ooze over you fixings'. Then you add a little Grand Marnie and light if on fire. Then you pour the gooey content atop of rice, stir, and eat. I have never had anything like before and I hope to experience it again. Oh but dessert....
There were about four decedent options, but my choice was clear. An almond sponge caked with homemade rum sauce. Now I am not a sweet person at all but I could have eaten that till I died. As one person said before eating "This sauce is so good I have to ask for forgiveness before because eating it is a sin." It was amazing!!!
Tomorrow is breakfast on a plantation on the neighboring island of Nevis (pronounced Knee-vis) followed by a tour and possibly some snorkeling. Till then!
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment