Hello Friends,
We left teh University around 8AM and made it to the ferry at around 8:45. There is only one car ferry for the islands while there are about two passenger only ferrys. We where sure to arrie early as we wanted to catch the first ferry across. When you arrive at the "terminal" or "metal fence" you must park backwards so you can back on the ferry. I found this very interesting. The ferry was schedule to arrive from Nevis at nine. However Shawna and I got a lesson in "island time" and the ferry arrived at 9:45. We backed aboard and were off. During our twenty minute trek to Nevis we saw a nice huge sea turtle swim by. It was huge! It was really exciting!
After docking we drove about another twenty minutes to Hermitage for breakfast. Hermitage is the oldest wooden structures on the island, almost the entire Caribbean. It use to be a sugar plantation, but now it is a glorious B&B. Most of our party enjoyed the coconut crusted French toast and loved it (by the way, loved it is and understatement) I thoroughly enjoyed my eggs with black beans.
From there we continued our tour around the island and stopped off at a local pottery house, a hotel for drinks on Nevis Mountain, and even a short swim on of the beaches. the water is wonderful. around 80 degrees, comfortable and glorious. I can understand why people vacation here.
We had a nice ferry trip back and enjoyed a light meal at a beach bar not far from the ferry terminal on St. Kitts. The day was amazing and no amount of words can give it justice. I am getting lots of sun and am very glad that I can get a good nights rest before the new adventure that lies ahead. Tomorrow we spend the morning snorkeling and then an island tour of St. Kitts! Till then friends!
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment