Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Break!

Newman, CA
Hello Friends!

Our mountain week in Alturas has come and gone and went very well considering the fact that my fill in tour partner had no experience with Beauty Lou but what he lacked in show experience he made up for in droves when it came to working with kids - thanks Jon Gregory!

As soon as we were packed from the show, we braved night time mountain pass driving and the tedium of I-5 and arrived at a San Fransisco hotel at 1:30AM absolutely drained. Jon left SFO at 9AM and Spring Break began for me!

This week I am spending my fun times in wonderful Newman, CA home of the West Side Theatre. Kepler and I were the first MCT team to come here in the fall of 2004 and it has since become a hot spot on tour. Shawna was here last year and we will both be back here for some Beauty Lou fun in April!

Dave and Ferris Larsen run and maintain this gem and are an absolute delight. This week they are mounting a one man show Looking Over the President's Shoulder. It is an amazing show about the real life times of Alonzo Fields who served as head butler for four presidents. Yours truly is designing and running lights which means this whole week I am in TECH!!! I couldn't think of a better way to spend my break.

Internet is limited this week as I am writing from the theatre's office computer and therefore don't really have access to my pictures on my netbook. I will try to update as much as possible.

The Adventure Continues - ML

No comments:

Post a Comment