Monday, February 14, 2011

The John Muir House

Alturas, CA
Hello Friends!

Where has the time gone? What happened to Gilroy? Where are you now? Yup, these are some questions I have asked myself as I now find myself 4,200 feet up in the high desert mountain town of Alturas. Sadly Shawna is not with me as she is home for a family funeral so I am joined by fellow veteran Tour Actor Jon Gregory. We are done with day one and things are going grand. However, allow me though to go not one but two weeks back to Martinez where Shawna and I visited the home of John Muir.

Long story short, John Muir was a real cool guy. He kind of co-founded the national parks system with Teddy Roosevelt and spent his golden years in Martinez, CA on a fruit orchard. The house is three stories and gorgeous and all the furniture in side is from the era. Martinez is nuts about John Muir and we were very glad that we were able to visit. (That's me in his chair!)

Last week in Gilroy we had a very challenging and very rewarding week. It was the first time the school had us and the students had no idea what they were in for. After four days of very hard work they had three great shows on Friday that were great and chaotic. A huge thank you to the Henry family for their hospitality and Principal Otterson for all there help and hospitality that made our week great!

This week I may see some winter as I have gone from 75 and sunny to mid 30's and breezy. Snow is in the forecast...

The Adeventure Continues - ML

No comments:

Post a Comment