Hello Friends!
Come back with me friends. The Loehrke's were living in San Diego and it was time for us to move north to start a new chapter in Seattle thanks to the Coast Guard (though it almost Alaska - can you imagine!). It was the early 90's and we were making an unknown trek north on I-5 to the Emerald City. Our first night stop was a quick on/off ramp not too far from San Fransisco. At this exit was a tourist restaurant that my Mother assured was well worth the stop and would be one of the highlights of the trip. A place known for its famous Pea Soup.
Needless to say it is a memory that has lived with us for eons and we always get a chuckle when the mention of Pea Soup Andersen's comes up.
Well two weeks ago when we drove from Shafter to Gilroy no sooner had we got on the interstate then I saw a sign saying Pea Soup Andersen's was only 100 miles away. Oh yes, we were stopping.
The whole establishment has a nice Bavarian slash Hispanic feel with an American Diner service that you expect from a stop off right off the interstate. Not only can you find a wide range of sandwiches and soups but there is a bevy of baked goods and cheese dips you can buy in the gift shop. Its good American (sort of) stuff, and definitely worth a stop should you cross its path on I-5!
The Adventure Continues - ML
Were there any exorcisms performed??? That's all I think of when I hear "Pea Soup."
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, I am excited to hear that you put your name in for another year on the road! The kids are lucky to keep having you come back. :)