
East Wenatchee, WA
Hello Friends,
Finished up three great shows in Maple Valley, WA last week. It was definitely a race to the finish line as we had about six less hours to rehearse the show there being a 9:30AM show on Friday. Each show the kids performed got better and better and that's all we could ask for. Doing three shows as Buck was quite taxing and I am glad to be getting some vocal rest the next two weeks as Shawna steps in for her 1st foray as Buckroo Bonnie.
Right before one of our performances we did the dreaded all call bathroom break for the cast. I say dreaded as we try to stress it's only emergencies and the show is only an hour long and and and... However it always ends up chaos as every cast member rushes to the bathroom. As I stood in the hallway trying to bring some structure to the bathroom dash a tiny pony (a second grade critter in the show) stood befuddled before the restrooms. This conversation between the equine and I ensued.
Matt- Do you need to use the bathroom?
Pony- Yeah.
M- Well go ahead in the bathroom.
P- It's too crowded.
M- Then go to the one down the hall.
P- Wait, why are we here?
M- This is your last chance to use to the bathroom before the show.
P- Oh.
(The Pony starts to walk away)
M- Wait, don't you have to use the bathroom?
P- No.
I wish I made that up, but sadly I didn't.
With our last show on Saturday wrapping up at 3PM I spent some great time with old friends in Seattle. I saw an R rated movie and a play with adult actors swearing and killing each other on stage. From there we ended the evening back home with conversation and cocktails. It was nice to be an adult for a evening.
Shawna picked me up at two (she stayed with family) and we headed over the Snoqaulmie pass to East Wenatchee. It was a short drive and was absolutely gorgeous! The pass was sunny and watching the dramatic change from western to eastern Washington never gets old.
Had to cut kids yesterday at auditions. That's never fun. I swear I think I am the first taste of rejection children ever experience. But on a positive note two years a girl did not get a part and this year she landed the lead of Beauty Lou. The system works, though casting shows is not a fair system. Looks like the weather will continue to hold well this week and I look forward to a Bavarian trip to Leavenworth this Friday!
The Adventure Continues - ML
*My apologies for lack of pictures, we really haven't been taking any now that we are back in NW, I will try to remedy that.
I remember Maple Valley being pretty fun - I think I was there twice.
ReplyDelete