Panama City, FL
Hello Friends-
Here we are again on the shores of the Gulf Of Mexico. I am happy to report that oil has not shown it's slick head. Supposedly this area of Florida is suppose to be very touristy yet we seem to be in the bad part of town as we have seen nothing but sketchy people and dirty laundramats.
The internet this week is not very good so no pictures today. Though we have some great ones to share last week when Mandi and I saw dolphins!
Our base this week is tiny, yet the most hectic when it comes to security. It is always a chore getting on and off base in a huge red truck that says MCT on the side, however once we get squared away with orders it's usually not a probelm. Not so here in Panama City. Usually 2 out of 3 times, even though we have badges and a vehicle pass, we are ask to pull aside and have our truck inspected. They are poliete about it and so are we and honestly the whole process takes less then five minutes.
Still there is something about not really feeling welcome every place you go that slowly wears on you. And as this has been the case the whole summer, Mandi and I are defianetly feeling the dregs of mid-summer tour. It's really hard to motivate yourself to go explore a town when 1. It is a pain to get on and off base. 2. You are in a very expensive region of the country (Florida has sooo many taxes) and 3. It is so hot and humid that even the locals are staying insides. We stay in best spirits as possible and thankfully next week in Columbia, SC (Ft. Jackson Army Base) we will be staying in a hotel OFF base. I think that will be a nice change of pace.
I performed as Buckaroo Bob last week and will this week (that's the Tour Actor role in Beauty Lou and the Country Beast). I forgot how fun it is to perform with those 60 kids and giving them energy they need to perform and having fun as a performer as well. It's a great feeling and it is an EXHAUSTING show. This role keeps you on stage for touch or an hour straight and you sing lots of cowboy yodeling songs. Good stuff.
So that's the report for now. We are at about the halfway point for summer tour. For the fall I will be staying on Beauty with a new tour partner and it sounds like I will be in the NW. Boy that temperate fall is looking great right now. Hope you are well.
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment