Hello Friends!
I am on vacation! I should have posted that sooner since there has been about a week gap here of posts, however it has been a very busy week indeed!
We left Sacramento right after our second show and beat out a Spring Winter storm that would have required us to chain up to go over the Sierra Nevada's had we waited to leave in the morning. We drove as far as Winnemuca, NV and crashed. We arrived late Sunday night in Missoula and hit the ground running on Monday to begin our check in at MCT.
Check in is a crazy yet very organized process that we TAD's and the company experience every May. One show has a set, lighting equipment, a truck, costumes for 60 cast members, props, and some shows even speakers and sound equipment. Multiply that by 35 teams who have to have all their equipment in working condition and then all stored properly before they receive the almighty bonus check and you got a lot of work to accomplish in 48 hours. Not to mention a great end of the year party full of talent shows and karaoke!
The home staff is great and they have a very stream-lined process to get so much work done in such a short time. Check in goes by very quick and there doesn't seem to be ever be a spare moment in the day as it is filled with meetings of every sort and reconnecting with tour actors, some you haven't seen for almost a year.
I am happy to report that our check in went very smoothly and Shawna is all set for her European adventures this summer as Calida and I gear up for Secret Garden. I have been spending a lot of time with the new script and score and I love it! A big change from Beauty Lou and a great challenge I am looking forward to!
The past few days have been spent relaxing and enjoying the sights (and food!) that Missoula has to offer. The time will go by fast though as new TAD's come in a week from Monday and the 2011-12 tour begins!
Where did this year go!?
The Adventure Continues - ML
No comments:
Post a Comment