Friday, April 22, 2011

Exit 410 on 1-80 NV

West Wendover, NV
Hello Friends,

Last Sunday we took exit 410 to arrive in West Wendover and we have yet to get back on the interstate though from my window here at the Rainbow Hotel & Casino I can see the interestate and that offramp that brings seniors in by the bus load for their first taste of gambling. Since the town is right on the Utah border and is on the interestate it makes perfect sense for there to be a large gaming establishment here. The funny thing is, if you take away the five large casinos here there would be no town at all. Everyone in town some how is conected to the casinos and if you turn away from them you are surrond by some of the most lonesome and spectaular high desert views I have ever seen. It is quite a contrast.

The week is done and the performance went well. It was hard to hear over the army of small screaming children we had in the audience. I don't blame them, if I had to watch my acting I am sure I would be crying too. Due to schedule SNAFUs we had a Tuesday start Friday show this week - which means putting the show up with about 8 hours less of rehearsal. We modified the show heavily so the kids could succeed and succeed they did. We were very proud of them for accomplishing such a feat.

Since we had such a small cast Shawna and I both performed on stage. I as Buck and Shawna as one of the daughters Donna Rae. Its very rare we get to do that and it was fun to share the stage together though we had to keep our focus as to not crack each other up on stage.

At the end of West Wendover is a giant statue of a cowboy named Wendover Will who strangely resembles our costume in the show. Of course we had to take a picture. Best part were all the cars going by - good times!

Tomorrow we head to VEGAS! We will be there with two other MCT teams and lots of friends - it is gonna be great!

The Adventure Continues - ML
The

No comments:

Post a Comment