Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daring Dining ~ Main Street Cafe



Pigeon, MI
Hello Friends,

Not even my parents little village of Pigeon, MI is safe from the blog and today my father and I took in the local cuisine at Main Street Cafe and Bakery.

Located on, well Main Street, in the center of the bustling village of Pigeon this little Mom and Pop offer cheap and tasty food for the farmers and more of the county. The walls are lined with pictures of students from the graduating classes of the 50's and 60's and the tables welcome you with locally made paper place mats informing you of the local goings-ons (best of luck to you oh local community playhouse!). It is an establishment the exudes wholesomeness and for the noon lunching hour was quite busy.

Though it was lunch both Dad and I opted for breakfast - my most favorite meal of the day. Dad went with a traditional Farmer Omelet and I a Country Cousin Breakfast. Why it is called that is beyond me but color me impressed it was good! Dad's omelet was HUGE and filled with all sorts of veggies and meats. Mine came with three eggs (over medium thank you very much) hash browns, meat of my choice (sausage patties, they stack well on the toast), your choice of toast, juice AND coffee all for, $5.39!!!! I have eaten at A LOT of breakfast places and never have I gotten so much food that was so well prepared for such a price. It was a wonderful surprise.

I find myself in Pigeon about twice a year to visit family and while I look forward to time with family and to relax I now look forward to a great Cafe as well!

The Adventure Continues - ML

No comments:

Post a Comment