Hello Friends!!!
Greetings from the land of my good old college days! Ah finally good-ish internet access again! At the Camp Crystal Lake, I mean, Trees Motel last week we had internet as long as no one else was using it, that got old as you crossed your fingers and hoped that there might be one bar of internet waiting for you.
The scenery was gorgeous! The redwoods are always awe inspiring and never cease to amaze me. Our hotel was right across the street from the Trees of Mystery! It's an impressive little tourist trap with a 70 foot Paul Bunyan who talks to travelers as they come close to the gift shop. Though his constant yabbering could be heard from the hotel... The gift shop itself had a little free museum show casing native tribes art work from around the world.
Right next to Paul and Babe (who was NOT castrated) was the path that lead to said mysterious trees. I am not sure if "mystery" is the word to describe these trees. To me "mystery" implies that we have no idea why or how they are there when actually we do, they are trees, they grow, all around the word. A better term for the tree tour would have been "impressive" because that they were. They had this one tree that was so large that 12 other trees were growing off of their branches! Another was shaped like a lightening bolt, and one had five trees fused together that formed what they called a cathedral tree and folks even get hitched there.
The main draw of the tour was the sky tram which was a little gondola thing that shuttles you above the treeline to a view area 750 feet up. From there you can see the Pacific to one side and nothing but Redwoods off the other. Impressive.
Another perk to our hotel (besides being bed bug free) was that it had this hidden path that lead down to an enclosed beach. The path is marked and legit, but no one goes down! One day Calida and I packed up a dinner and headed seaside and enjoyed having our very own beach to ourselves for FIVE HOURS! It was wonderful and the weather was gorgeous.
My last schedule week in California (for now probably) was a memorable one in many ways and it was a nice way to say "See you later - for now" to the great state of California.
The Adventure Continues - ML
By good-ish internet I mean I get good spurts of access so posting pictures isn't possible now. I promise, I have some great ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment