Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Nipomo Yeti

Carmichael, CA
Hello Friends -

The wind and rain continue to blow sideways here in the capital of the Golden State. Two weeks ago we were in the lovely town Nipomo, CA. Never heard of it, well neither had I. Well have you heard of San Luis Obispo? Well I really hadn't until we started touring in California, but San Luis Obispo (or SanLo) is an amazing college town home of Cal Poly and Nipomo is just about 20 miles south of it.

Our week in Nipomo was grand. It was a K-5 week and Shawna did this residency last year and was super excited to be back. Rightfully so. We stayed with a wonderful family in the country who had four daughters! They were a lot of fun and took us out to SanLo one night.

On the night I was me, Shawna, our home stay mom and one of her close friends. We went to a couple of local hot spots (it is a college town after all) and at one place we met Yeti. Not a Yeti, but a girl named Yeti. I am not making this up. We found out she was with the Army Reserve and there with some of her buddies for a little R&R. Yeti was very much in her cups and after barking up my tree unsuccesfully for awhile she tried grind dancing with Shawna. Clearly Yeti worked both sides of the buffet. It was a very memorable experince.

Shawna got to stay in the house while I stayed in a bunk house across the driveway. To get to my room I had to walk through a gym and then through a closet and then into my bedroom. While it sounds iffy it really wasn't and my room was rad. It could have slept like 6 but it was just me and nature. I have a video of this but I can't seem to get the to work on blogspot, if you know how please let me know.

Another great thing about Nipomo was that one of my dear friends Molly Stoddard lives in SanLo. I met Molly in Portland while I was working at NWCT. She is a super rad person and we were able to have a grand night on the town Saturday night as I joined her girl entourage.

I have been so lucky to see so many old friends and meet new ones on this tour!

The Adventure Continues - ML

No comments:

Post a Comment